Monday, November 29, 2010

I Need A Drink

To be honest, lately I've been wanting to get drunk. And not just the expected, have me a bottle of wine while watching bad television drunk. No, I mean sloppy, flirty, pour water down my throat before I fall asleep drunk. The thing is, that I don't know how to anymore.

It used to be that every Friday or Saturday (or both) my friends and I would gather around a poker game in a cramped dorm room each with a different bottle in hand. We'd then raid the hallway vending machines for juice bottles drinking maybe a little less than half the bottle and quickly filling the rest with whatever spirit of our choosing. Classy, I know.

This would lead to so much fun. We'd invent games, make friends, build igloos in the snow, you name it really. But now that I'm no longer in a college dorm and I have real responsibilities I just don't feel right about drinking myself silly. To be honest, I guess what's really missing is the friends. Everyone's so busy. They're doing homework, working, visiting with family. The husband and I are completely guilty of this as well. We're too busy to be reckless and silly drunk. To add insult to injury, I now get heartburn like no other anytime I even have a glass of Harbor Mist. Pathetic.

So what now? How do I fulfill my need to be that "fun" college girl my husband fell in love with, without losing my own personal integrity these days. How do I still do "stupid" things without feeling like an idiot? What's going to be my next bold move before I have children that make those moves for me?


Blah, I need a drink. I guess soda will have to do.

No comments: