Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thirsty Thursday

We're not in college anymore, but can't we still have some fun?

Raise your glasses to this rum-spiked cider. It'll keep you warm inside. Warm outside. You won't be able to feel a thing. Well, you get the point...


Ingredients

  • 1 quart water
  • 3 orange spice tea bags
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 cups apple cider
  • 1 1/2 cups light rum
  • 8 cinnamon sticks
  • 3 teaspoons butter

Directions

  1.   Boil water in large sauce pan. Remove from heat and toss in the orange spice tea bags. Cover and let steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and stir in sugar, apple cider, rum, and 2 of the cinnamon sticks. Heat just to steaming -- do not boil.
  2. Ladle hot cider into 6 mugs and drop 1/2 teaspoon butter into each. Garnish with a cinnamon "swizzle" stick. 
Recipe originally from AllRecipes.com 
Now tell me pretties, what drink helps keep you warm inside during these cold winter months? 

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I stay warm with some booze too! Although I prefer red wine by the fire. I am not a big rum lover, but the recipe does look good!

Krebster said...

You know I wish I did drink wine. It always looks and sounds so sophisticated. Oh well, maybe one day I will adopt a better sense of taste and join the club. Do you prefer red or white?

Hilary said...

I swing both ways, but prefer white in the summer and red in the winter....There are lots of types out there, so when you enter the club, if you don’t like the first varietal you pick, try another… they all taste a bit different.

Krebster said...

Good advice. I once had wine in Hungary that was to die for. It was grown locally by another students family. Doubt I'll ever find it again but I bet I could recruit some help in trying.